Thursday, September 24, 2015

Exhumation of Romanov Remains Completed, DNA Samples Sent to Moscow / "Royal Russia" Sept. 24, 2015

"Royal Russia"
September 24, 2015

St. Catherine Chapel in the Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral, St. Petersburg
 
The following is a compilation of three articles published today by the Interfax News Agency in Moscow. It supplements the six articles published yesterday. The text has been further edited by Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia.
 
On Wednesday evening [Sept. 23, 2015], specialists of Russia's Investigative Committee had completed extraction of samples of the remains of members of the Russian royal family buried in the St. Catherine Chapel of the SS Peter and Paul Cathedral in St. Petersburg, Interfax has reported.
 
"The investigators have completed all necessary tasks, having taken everything they might need and left about 18:10. The Museum [of St. Petersburg History] was working as usual. Tomorrow, no acts will be carried out," the source said.
 
For the time that the exhumation was carried out, the St. Catherine Chapel - where the remains of Nicholas II and Russian Empress Alexandra Feodorovna are buried - was partly closed for visitors. Note: I can also confirm that the chapel was closed on Monday, September 14th, the day I visited the SS Peter and Paul Cathedral during my recent visit to St. Petersburg - PG
 
According to an Interfax correspondent who reported from the scene, the museum complex is operating normally.
 
Later on Wednesday, samples taken from Tsar Nicholas II, his wife Alexandra and from the bloodstained uniform of Alexander II, Nicholas's grandfather, had been delivered to Moscow to conduct new DNA examinations as part of the inquiry into the murder of the royal family by revolutionary Bolsheviks in 1918, Vladimir Solovyov, a senior investigator and criminologist of the Russian Investigative Committee's central criminology department, told Interfax.
 
"Indeed, the samples arrived yesterday. Examinations will begin today," he said.
 
Russian Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said on Wednesday that the Investigative Committee had resumed the investigation of the death of members of the family of the last Russian tsar and their entourage. Markin said that additional studies will be conducted to confirm the authenticity of the remains of Tsesarevich Alexei and Grand Duchess Maria that are currently stored at the State Archives.
 
The Russian Orthodox Church and the House of Romanov still dispute the authenticity of the remains of the royal family discovered near Ekaterinburg and buried in St. Peter and Paul's Fortress.
 
The Russian Investigative Committee does not doubt the authenticity of the remains of Tsar Nicholas II and his family, and additional examinations will be conducted following a request from the Russian Orthodox Church, committee spokesman Vladimir Markin has said.
 
"The recent resumption of the criminal inquiry is not an attempt to revise the earlier received evidence and the established facts. Rather, it is an exclusive need to additionally examine the newly uncovered facts, which has been requested by the Russian Orthodox Church," he said.
 
Russian investigators "have never doubted that all of the found remains belonged to the royal family and their entourage," he said.
 
The Investigative Committee has asked world renowned genetic scientists to help with these examinations, and the most advanced technologies and equipment will be used, Markin said.
 
"Furthermore, all of these investigative measures and examinations will be conducted within the shortest possible time," he added.
 
 
© Interfax / Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia. 24 September, 2015
 
 
 
 
*****
 
If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra, please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com
 
*****


Wednesday, September 23, 2015

VIDEO / Russia exhumes bones of murdered Tsar Nicholas and wife / "BBC" September 23, 2015


The Romanov family of Russian Tsar Nicholas II

BBC News
September 23, 2015

Russian investigators have exhumed the remains of the last tsar and his wife, as they re-examine the 1918 murder of the imperial family.

Samples were taken from Tsar Nicholas II, his wife Alexandra, and from the bloodstained uniform of Alexander II, Nicholas's grandfather, killed in 1881.

The murdered Romanov family members are buried at a St Petersburg cathedral.

Revolutionary Bolsheviks killed the family in a cellar. But the Orthodox Church wants the remains checked again.

The long-running murder case had been closed in 1998, after DNA tests authenticated the Romanov remains found in a mass grave in the Urals in 1991.

Hail of bullets

Tsar Nicholas II, Alexandra, their four daughters - grand duchesses Anastasia, Maria, Olga and Tatiana - their son the Tsarevich Alexei and four royal staff members were murdered in the cellar of a house in Yekaterinburg in 1918.

One night they were lined up as if for a family photo, and then a Bolshevik firing squad killed them in a hail of bullets, according to witness accounts. Those who did not die immediately were bayonetted.

The DNA tests did not convince some Russian Orthodox Church members, because the remains of two - Tsarevich Alexei and Grand Duchess Maria - were only found in 2007, at a different spot in the Urals.

The Investigative Committee, a state body, says new checks are needed in order to authenticate the remains of those two.

Russia plans to rebury Alexei and Maria alongside the rest of the family in St Petersburg's Peter and Paul Cathedral. But for that to happen the Church wants to be certain about the remains.
 
The four Romanov princesses with their brother Alexei
 
Treated as saints
 
The royal couple and three daughters were formally reburied on 17 July 1998 - the 80th anniversary of the murder. They were canonised by the Russian Orthodox Church in 2000.
 
Alexei and Maria are also likely to be canonised before the 100th anniversary in 2018. Their remains are currently kept at the Russian State Archives.
 
The new investigation also involves taking samples from Alexandra's sister the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Fyodorovna, buried in Jerusalem. Only now can Russian investigators get access to those remains.
 
Rasputin (second from left), a self-styled holy man, exerted great influence at the Romanov court. Getty images.
 
The tsar and his family at Tsarskoye Selo palace near St Petersburg in 1916.
Getty Images           

The Romanovs were ousted from power and exiled in 1917, shortly before the communist Bolsheviks overthrew the provisional government.

Documents from the so-called "White Guards Investigation" concerning the family's 1918 murder will also be studied. They came to light in the past four years.

Tsar Alexander II was killed by a bomb thrown by a "People's Will" revolutionary in 1881, and buried in his military uniform in the Peter and Paul Cathedral.

A lawyer for Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, a descendant of the murdered Romanovs, said she supported the new investigation.

Quoted by Russia's Tass news agency, lawyer German Lukyanov said "not all aspects of the imperial family's murder were explained in the case, and not all the Russian Orthodox Church's questions were answered fully and clearly".

"The grand duchess hopes that the examination of the Yekaterinburg remains will be scientific... The truth must be established in this case, with an answer to the main question: whose are these remains?"


http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34338802


*****

If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra, please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com

*****

Serbian Prince Mihailo Obrenović and Montenegrin Prince Nikola I Petrović conclude agreement on joint battle for liberation from the ‪Turks‬ and unification of Serbian lands Sept. 23, 1866 / Дана 23. септембра 1866. године, српски кнез Михаило Обреновић и црногорски кнез Никола I Петровић закључили су уговор о заједничкој борби за ослобођење од Турака и уједињење српских земаља.

Montenegrin Prince Nikola I Petrović and Serbian Prince Mihailo Obrenović


From
on Facebook.

"On 23 September 1866, Serbian Prince Mihailo Obrenović and the Montenegrin Prince Nikola I Petrović concluded an agreement on the joint battle for liberation from the Turks and the unification of Serbian lands. Prince Mihailo Obrenović then sent his delegate Milan Piroćanac to Montenegro to propose the Montenegrin prince an union of Serbia and Montenegro. Two Principalities agreed to work continuously on the liberation and unification of the Serbian people, as well as to constantly instigate armed rebellions in the border areas of the Ottoman Empire. Also, by the signed agreement, Prince Nikola pledged that in the case of unification of the two countries, he will renounce the throne in favor of Prince Mihailo."

*****

"Дана 23. септембра 1866. године, српски кнез Михаило Обреновић и црногорски кнез Никола I Петровић закључили су уговор о заједничкој борби за ослобођење од Турака и уједињење српских земаља. Кнез Михаило Обреновић је послао у Црну Гору свог изасланика Милана Пироћанца да предложи црногорском кнезу савез Србије и Црне Горе. Две кнежевине су се споразумеле да непрестано раде на ослобађању и уједињењу српског народа, подстрекивањем оружаних побуна у граничним деловима Османског царства. Такође, кнез Никола се споразумом обавезао да ће се у случају уједињења две државе одрећи престола у корист кнеза Михаила."


*****

If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra,
please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com

*****

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

На данашњи дан (22. септембра) 1914. године завршена је битка на Мачковом камену у Првом светском рату.





СЕЋАЊЕ


"На данашњи дан (22. септембра) 1914. године завршена је битка на Мачковом камену у Првом светском рату. О жестини тих борби најбоље говоре обострани губици који су били огромни - Срби - око 800 погинулих, 5700 рањених и онеспособљених за борбу, Аустроугари - око 1200 погинулих, остали губици непознати. Ова битка има велики значај, јер није дозволила непријатељу да за три дана, по Поћорековом наређењу, овлада Јагодњом и Соколским планинама, већ после 13 дана тешке борбе непријатељ је тотално изморен и десеткован са укупним губицима 16000 избачених из строја. Ма месту битке данас се налази спомен костурница саграђена 1929. године."


na Facebook.


*****

If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra,
please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com

*****

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

VIDEO / SLOM CENTRALNIH SILA Na danasnji dan [15. septembar 1918. godine] probijen je Solunski front / "Nadlanu" September 15, 2015




Nadlanu
September 15, 2015

Prošlo je 97 godina od kada je 15. septembra 1918. godine probijen SOLUNSKI FRONT.

Proboj Solunskog fronta bio je odlučijući za slom centralnih sila u Prvom svetskom ratu.

Na današnji dan godine 1918. u 5:30 minuta divizije prvog ešalona Druge armije, pod komandom vojvode Stepe Stepanovića, počele su proboj fronta. Srpska vojska je prebačena na Solunski front proleća 1916. godine. Krajem septembra, posle borbi i mnogo žrtava, zauzeli su Kajmakčalan i ušli na teritoriju svoje države.

Sa jedne strane fronta bili su francuski, britanski i srpski vojnici, kojima se kasnije priključio i jedan broj Grka i Italijana, dok su sa druge linije, dobro ukopani u rovove bili austrugarske nemačke i bugarske divizije.

Između 26. I 30. septembra 1916. vrh Kajmakčalan je više puta bio zauziman dok ga srpska vojska nije zauzela 30. septembra. Srpske snage su ukupno imale 4.643 poginulih, ranjenih i nestalih vojnika, od kojih je Drinska divizija imala je 3.320 odnosno 3.804 izbačenih iz stroja ili tri četvrtine ukupnog broja vojnika. Među poginulima bio je i komandant dobrovoljačkog odreda Vojvoda Vuk.

Uprkos tom prvom uspehu srpske vojske nakon katastrofe 1915, Solunski front je ostao sporedno ratište, pa je od 1916. do septembra 1918. uglavnom vladalo zatišje. Odlučeno je da ofanziva počne na sektoru Dobro polje – Veternik – Kozjak na kojem se nalazila srpska vojska koju je ukupno činilo šest divizija sa 140.0000 vojnika, među kojima je bilo i oko 25.000 dobrovoljaca. Srpska vojska bila je podeljena u dve armije – Prvu, kojom je komandovao Petar Bojović i drugu, na čijem je čelu bio Stepa Stepanović, dok je komandant štaba bio vojvoda Živojin Mišić.

Borbe su počele 14. septembra celodnevnom artiljerijskom paljbom i svih savezničkih topova po bugarskim, nemačkim i austrougarskim položajima, da bi u zoru 15. septembra (u 5.30 časova) posle snažne artiljerijske pripreme, krenule u napad divizije prvog ešalona Druge armije, pod komandom vojvode Stepe Stepanovića na frontu: Sušica - Soko.

Vodila se borba prsa u prsa, bajonetima na bajonete.

Već prvog dana probijeno je 11 km fronta, drugi dan je širina proširena na 40 km i time otpočinje slom centralnih sila na solunskom frontu čija linija se raspada.

Prva armija je silovito napredovala i već 1. novembra je stigla do Beograda i oslobodila ga. Probojom Solunskog fronta načinjen je prvi prodor u okupiranu teritoriju koju su držale centralne sile, čime je započeo vojni rasplet rata ne samo na Balkanu, već i na ostalim frontovima.


Proboj Solunskog fronta - (Dokumentarni Film)

Posted on You Tube by "Dokumentarni Filmovi"
Published on Jun 6, 2015




https://youtu.be/OSva1XWpqpc



http://www.nadlanu.com/pocetna/zivot/dobra-stara-vremena/SLOM-CENTRALNIH-SILA-Na-danasnji-dan-probijen-je-Solunski-front.a-269627.899.html



*****

If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra, please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com

*****

Monday, September 14, 2015

Serbian Crown Prince Alexander pays respect to Serbian and French Pilots from World War I in Smederevska Palanka [Eastern Serbia] September 12, 2015 / Престолонаследник Александар одао пошту српским и француским пилотима из Првог светског рата у Смедеревској Паланци

www.royalfamily.org
September 12, 2015


His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander attended a ceremony in remembrance of Serbian and French pilots from WWI and unveiling of the monument today in Smederevska Palanka [in Eastern Serbia.]

After that, wreaths were laid by HRH Crown Prince Alexander, HE Mrs Christine Moro, ambassador of the Republic of France, HE Mrs Dagmar Repcekova, ambassador of the Slovak Republic, Mr Dragan Popovic, state secretary at the Ministry of Labour, Employment, Veteran and Social Affairs, Mr Slavoljub Djuric, President of the Municipal Assembly of Smederevska Palanka, Col. Antonios Kostakis, Defence attaché at the Greek embassy, Mr Jean Claude Seguela, one of descendants of the French pilots, representatives of Association of Air Club “Prijedor” and Association of war volunteers.

In his address, Crown Prince Alexander emphasized:

“I am very happy to be here today at the unveiling of the monument to the French and Serbian pilots of World War I. My grandfather, His Majesty King Alexander, had a pioneering role in the development of Serbian aviation. He was the first Serb who flew a plane, near Paris, in 1910. As the supreme commander of the Serbian army in the Great War, my grandfather regularly visited the French “Squadron MF 99”, which made a great contribution to the Serbian war efforts. My father, His Majesty King Peter II was a pilot with the British Royal Air Force during World War II. As their proud descendant, I congratulate all the organizers on the unveiling of this exceptional monument. It will be a reminder to the new generations of the glory days of the Kingdom of Serbia and its wartime alliance with France.”



 












 
*****
 
12. Septembar 2015.
 
Његово Краљевско Височанство Престолонаследник Александар присуствовао је данас церемонији у знак сећања на српске и француске пилоте из Првог светског рата у Смедеревској Паланци и откривању споменика.
 
Венце на споменик су положили Њ.К.В. Престолонаследник Александар, Њ.Е. г-ђа Кристин Моро, амбасадор Републике Француске, Њ.Е. г-ђа Дагмар Репчекова, амбасадор Републике Словачке, г-дин Драган Поповић, државни секретар у Министарству за рад, запошљавање, борачка и социјална питања, г-дин Славољуб Ђурић, председник скупштине општине Смедеревска Паланка, пуковник Антониос Костакис, војни аташе при амбасади Грчке, г-дин Жан Клод Сеге, потомак француског пилота, представници Аеро клуба „Приједор“ и „Удружења ратних добровољаца“.
 
У свом обраћању, Престолонаследник Александар је истакао:
 
„Веома сам срећан што сам данас овде, на откривању споменика француским и српским пилотима из Првог светског рата. Мој деда, Његово Величанство Краљ Александар, имао је пионирску улогу у настанку српске авијатике. Он је био први Србин који је летео авионом, у близини Париза, 1910. године. Као врховни командант српске војске у Великом рату, мој деда је редовно обилазио француску ескадрилу „МФ 99“ која је дала велики допринос ратним напорима Србије. Мој отац, Његово Величанство Краљ Петар II, и сам је био пилот при британском Краљевском ратном ваздухопловству током Другог светског рата. Као њихов поносни потомак, од срца честитам свим организаторима откривање овог изузетног споменика. Он ће бити подсетник новим генерацијама на славне дане Краљевине Србије и њено ратно савезништво са Француском.“
 
 
 
 
*****
 
If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra, please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com
 
*****



Sunday, September 13, 2015

POMEN - Povodom 97 godišnjice proboja Solunskog Fronta 15. Septembra 2015. Bačka Palanka, Vojvodina / Serbian WWI breakthrough on the Salonika Front - 97th Anniversary Remembrance Service September 15, 2015

 
Remembrance Service:
 
Serbian Orthodox Church
of the Birth of St. John the Baptist
 
 
In Bačka Palanka
in the Voyvodina province of Serbia
 
at 6:00 p.m.
 
 
Announcement courtesy of:
 
 
on Facebook.
 
"RESPECTING AND REMEMBERING OUR FOREFATHERS"
 
"ПОШТУЈМО И СЕЋАЈМО СЕ СВОЈИХ ПРЕДАКА"
 
 
*****
 
If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra,
please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com
 
*****

Thursday, September 3, 2015

VIDEO / Сербская песня - Пукни зоро / Awaken Dawn / Beautiful Serbian World War One Song!


Сербская песня - Пукни зоро


Posted on You Tube by "Србија Россия"
Published on Jan 19, 2015
(Песня посвящена сербских героев первой мировой войны)

 


https://youtu.be/MQSEENrpz9g


*****

If you would like to get in touch with me, Aleksandra, please feel free to contact me at heroesofserbia@yahoo.com

*****